So you’ve chosen a holiday destination but what about your holiday insurance?. Whether it’s a relaxing beach holiday, discovering that city you’ve always wanted to go to, or 2 weeks trekking through a South American jungle, it’s the one necessity you need to sort before you jet off.
For the small cost of holiday insurance, it really does make sense to get it. It not only covers you for lost luggage, theft or financial loss if you need to cancel but also for extremely costly medical bills should you need it. It can cost from as little as under £10 for one person, which for the peace of mind is a no brainer. We’ve put together a definitive list below on what to take into account when purchasing travel insurance.
Top tips when buying travel insurance
- As soon as you book your holiday purchase your travel insurance. Buying it early means you’ll be covered if you need to cancel due to illness.
- Make sure you’re honest! Not declaring a medical condition now could mean a future claim is rejected.
- If you’re a frequent traveller, consider annual travel insurance as it could work out cheaper, saving you money for more suntan lotion!
- Check with your bank/building society first. There a quite a lot of accounts these days that include travel insurance, so you could already be covered.
- Make sure you declare what type of holiday/trip you’re going on. As they can often need different covers such as cruises or sports holidays like golf or skiing.
£145 million was paid out on 174,000 claims for cancelled holidays (up from 159,000 in 2016), whilst 86,000 people received £17 million of support following their baggage being delayed and money lost whilst travelling.https://www.abi.org.uk
Top 5 holiday insurance offers right now
- Sainsbury’s are offering up to 20% off their travel insurance for all Nectar cardholders.
Get a quote now
- The Post Office are currently offering a FREE Amazon £10 gift card or Hawaiian Tropic sun cream bundle worth up to £33, when travel insurance is purchased with another travel product, such as travel money, passport check and send service, or apply for an International Driving Permit.
Claim your free gift
- Staysure, the No.1 most trusted travel insurance provider (Moneywise in 2017 & 2018) is currently offering a 20% discount on their Summer Sale. Simply enter the code ‘BEACH’ at checkout.
Claim your 20% off now
- Travel Supermarket has some great prices on travel insurance, with cover from as little as £4.36 and a very easy to use comparison process.
See how much I could save
- If you’re looking for couple/family insurance then definitely check out Coverwise. They have some great prices with no frills cover starting at just £9.50 for a weeks cover in Europe.
Get cover now
Looking for Pet Insurance?
Click below to find out the dos and don’ts of what you actually need in your policy.
All the information shared in this article is to help you make your own decision. It is NOT intended as financial advice so use the information at your own risk as we can’t accept liability if things don’t go as you intend.